Sunday, August 22, 2010

here's a funny quirk about being agnostic

Here's a funny quirk about being agnostic: there's no truth that you can prove, so all belief is a choice. It is delusion then to mistake your belief that everything is composed of "the natural" for provable truth. We suffer under that deception for the utterly ironic reason that the natural is easier to believe in; it's right there in front of us. We make the laughable mistake of confusing ease of belief with truth. So if all belief is a choice, I choose to cast aside the easy (and despair inducing) answer that the physical is all there is and believe in the man that suffered what must have been inexpressible agony to overcome death and still had the love to ask forgiveness for the ones that caused it. I choose the One that freed me from every imprisoning addiction, and injected hope and life back into my despairing soul. You may tell me I'm deluded. I will reply: no one can prove that they're not deluded, but what does your belief gain you? I guess this makes me an agnostic christian, has there ever been one before? Ah well, Praise Jesus, the Hope of Glory!

2 comments:

Darryl said...

It's funny when I think of you telling me an idea for an album cover and the title was to be "This is NOT a Christian Rock Album".

Unknown said...

oh ya there's a lot of things that are funny about me following jesus. like... my entire life up until that point lol..